Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I really can't complain, but....

It's COLD people.  The "real feel" is only 4 degrees.  The weather man is predicting snow for Friday.

Really?!?!?!

I don't have fur-lined flip flops.

 I don't even have a knit cap. 



I certainly don't have Yak Trax.


I don't like Real Winter.  I can't imagine how anybody stands the extreme cold and snow for days or months on end.  Special gear.  Dark dreary days.  Frozen body parts.  Ick!

We will have exactly 3 days of Real Winter.  I covered the plants last night, only to wake up and see that any blanket or plastic tarp that wasn't staked into the ground has blown off.  I stapled-gunned blankets over the windows in the kitchen to keep out the cold that is permeating my breakfast room.  I put the down comforter on the bed.  The pool's fountain kicked on to prevent the pipes from freezing. 

I will spend the rest of the day sitting by the fireplace because the power company is starting rolling blackouts to help with the electricity consumption in Big State.  Apparently those folks who are going to Dallas for the Superbowl expect to have the staduim heated. 

Packer and Steeler fans......take this cold weather home with you!  I don't want to have to order those flip flops.  I wouldn't mind having that hat though.

2 comments:

The Swan's said...

Freezig over here too. Babies are wearing fleece jammies, a dressy sweater (the only one they have), and tennis shoes. They look funny but seem warm. When I am this cold, I expect to look out my window and see mountains. If the situation doesn't improve, I will be delivering some fur lined flip flops. I think they would go great with my Christmas pedicure. :)
Take care. I love your new look.

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Oh my giddy aunt, how cold is your cold????
We're looking at a real 5 today!
Keep drinking your hot beverage of choice. It helps.

How many have Peeped here?