Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I swear this post was supposed to be about laundry

I started this morning intending to write about laundry.  My mountains of laundry, how it is never ending, how much I hate to fold it, how it's been piled on my couch for over a week .....blah, blah, blah. 

Then I thought Good grief.  Everybody has laundry and nobody wants to hear my diatribe on it. 

Diatribe.  Am I using that word correctly?  Let me get out my handy dandy dictionary and check.

So I looked up diatribe and this is the definition I found.


A vituperative harangue?  What is that?  Isn't there some rule that says a definition has to be plain simple English containing less-than-5-letter-words?   I had to look up vituperative.  Thank goodness I already had the dictionary.


Abusive.  I was going to use words to abuse the laundry?  No.  I going to abuse you by writing about laundry.  I've been called lots of things in my life but "abusive" is not one of them, so I'm not going to start today. 

I'm going to leave writing to the real writers today and just go fold the laundry. 

1 comment:

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Them's five dollar words!

I really need to do some laundry before People GET abusive.

How many have Peeped here?