Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Comment, if you're there

Okay, so is this one of those times when the "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" rule is in effect? There isn't one comment on the new look. If you hate it - speak up! (The aforementioned statement assumes that anyone besides me reads this blog. Let's face it, even Big Daddy doesn't read it. Doesn't he have some sort of spousal obligation to do so? Wasn't there something about reading blogs in the vows?)


I can't say I'm in love with the background color, but I really like the hat. But, if you know me, you know I love hats. So, I'm staying with the hat and "Hat Chick". Out of curiosity and total geekdom, I googled "Hat Chick" to see if my blog would come up. It was on page 2! PAGE 2, people! And I didn't even have to do anything fancy. So, you know that I'm not going back now.


Speaking of hats, my craftier friend and I found a pretty hat at a thrift store. It was $10. I didn't buy it (stupid, stupid, stupid). It became what Mama calls a "woulda, coulda, shoulda". I've thought about that hat everyday.....how it would look with my Lilly dress, and how I have some lovely shoes to match it. Woulda, shoulda, coulda......


Now to the real news of the day - the 1st grade dress rehearsal - the reveal of the pig costume!

The teacher was pleased, the kids looked cute, and the costumes were no fancier/plainer than any other class.


Whew!


Here's the part that makes me say, "hmmm". I couldn't use a pig nose or anything that covers the face, or anything the kids would play with while standing on the risers (you remember risers, right?) But there they were - sheep, pigs, ducks, chicks, farmers - all playing with some part of their costumes. Sheep were picking off their "wool", pigs were playing with their hats, chicks were picking off the feathers, farmers were putting the string on the hat in their mouths. They are FIRST GRADERS - 6 and 7 year old children. I don't think the pig nose would have been a big deal. I will get photos of the other costumes tomorrow, but for now, here's the highly-anticipated pic of my swine clad children:


Oink if you love pigs! And comment on it, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read every day and I love the new look. I really love the idea of changing it up every few weeks. The hat is precious. Jake loves everyone's nicknames. You are mom of the year too. Those are the cutest costumes.
Love,
Angie

The Hat Chick said...

Thanks for the comment Angie! Glad to know someone is reading this thing. I'd hate to think that I'm just doing this to ward off the "old-timers".

Anonymous said...

Okay, like the hat, but LOVED the house (I can't dream about living in a hat - sorry - but the house was definately a dream!)
Just my comment....
Still dig the blog though...
--Robyn

How many have Peeped here?