Friday, May 23, 2008

Flying time and other less aeronautical thoughts

I remember when I used to count down to Friday each week. That was when I had a J.O.B. Now, my week seems to fly by with lists, to-do's, laundry, appointments, volunteer commitments, blah, blah, blah - and it's Friday.

It occurs to me that time goes by faster and faster each year. Hey, it was only 2000 last year, right?!? When I was young, I always heard my mother say it would be that way. I wonder why that it? The old expression, "Time flies by when you're having fun" comes to mind, but laundry definately doesn't fall on my Fun List. I think procrastination must have something to do with it. I don't put off alot of things, just the unenjoyable things. There will always be time to shop, have lunch with a girlfriend, talk to my sister on the phone - but when it comes time for the yuck stuff, all of a sudden, it's Friday again.

And so it goes each week until now we are at the end of another school year. Action and Skibbie have already returned their books, we've attended end-of-the-year parent events and we are sifting through a school-year's worth of used notebooks looking for the unused paper that we dare not throw out. I have completed another year of volunteering in the library spent reshelving, sorting and straightening my self-adopted 398.2 - 398.25 section (all the good fairytale books, which is several shelves worth at the primary grade level).

Time just flyin' on by all the while.

Hope everyone has a LONG, SLOW, safe, and fun Memorial Day Weekend.

No comments:

How many have Peeped here?