Friday, May 2, 2008

What a week!

I don't want this blog to become stagnant, which is exactly what it's been this past week, but it's the only thing. Monday was filled with the usual errands. Tuesday, Wed and Thursday morning, I spent with my dearest friend, talking her off of the entrepenurial ledge. Then back to the dentist - gack! - and two days of soccer try-outs. There was more, but those are the only things worth mentioning.

In all of it this week - even in the rushing, the planning, the anxiety - I noticed that I felt a sense of forgiveness and thankfulness all around me. I've always associated forgiveness with bad things and bad feelings since we tend only to forgive when we've been wronged in some way, or need forgiveness for some bad that we've done. But this week was different. The forgiveness came from thankfulness somehow. I was thankful that God gave me the strength to say the things that needed to be said, even though what I was saying somehow dashed the dreams of another. I felt that I was forgiven for saying these things because they were said out of love and sincerity, not malice. I also saw forgiveness in others because of the things they knew were true, contrary to what they wanted to believe. Truth is a powerful thing. I wonder if truth is what really leads to forgiveness. I just know that I'm thankful to be forgiven, and to know that in some measure, I need to learn to forgive myself for my own short-comings. And trust me, I'm thankful for the opportunity.

No comments:

How many have Peeped here?