- Sweet tea
- Fresh fried okra
- Neighbors who give you fresh eggs, home-canned mayhaw jelly, and pound cake
- Folks in other cars who wave when you pass each other on the two-lane road - even though they don't know you
- Mama
- How things don't really change, at least not the things that matter
- The same old stories
- Barq's rootbeer in a longneck bottle
- That warm feeling of belonging that you get when you cross the state line - that feeling that says I know this place and it knows me, and it's part of what makes me who I am
Can I get an Amen?
2 comments:
donna! it was so nice to hear from you and to see all your pictures! i have been wondering for years how to get i could get in touch with you. if you have time, please email me: genevievehmoore@yahoo.com.
love, gen
AMEN SISTA!!!
Post a Comment