Thursday, May 8, 2008

This little piggy cried wee, wee, wee all the way home

Three pig performances in one day - I'm exhausted. The costumes were a hit and the kids did a great job. I'll post some video as soon as I figure out how to do it. Technology is wonderful when it works, and it's workable. If they could only eliminate the user from the whole deal.....user - just another four-letter word.

Speaking of four-letter words, I had one of those incidents at school tonight that falls under the "what you hear at home, stays at home" rule. A sweet friend of Action's heard that I burned my finger on the glue gun while making the costumes. Sweet Friend standing with his mother says, "Mrs. Chick, how is your finger? Action said you burned it. " I reply, "Oh, Sweet Friend, thank you for asking. It's much bett - " Abruptly bolting from the risers comes Action to interject his comment, "Yeah! And she said lot's of bad words when it happened!" I, horrified, look at Sweet Friend's mother, and say, "It really did burn. See, I even have a blister." (Picture the pitiful look on my face while Sweet Friend's mother inspects my finger). I wanted to melt into the floor. Sweet Friend's mother didn't say much else and made a hasty retreat. I'm sure she's at home giving strict instruction to Sweet Friend to stay away from Action and his potty-mouthed mother. Thank goodness there's only 2 weeks of school left!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Ouuuuuuuuu --busted!
--Robyn

How many have Peeped here?