Thursday, May 29, 2008

Girls, Girls, Girls

Prepping for this year's girl's trip - the exotic destination is Bahamas via Disney Cruise. For those who don't know, my Craftier friend, her daughter, Yogi, Skibbie and I take a trip each summer. Just a fun 4 day getaway. Past trips have been to LA, NYC, Phoenix, Houston, and St Augustine. As the girls have gotten older, we've become more adventurous (hence the need for a passport this year), and for the first time this year, we let the girls decide where to go. They both wanted to go on a cruise but didn't know to where. So, Craftier booked a Disney Cruise out of FL to accomodate my plans for Action while we're gone.

**Don't worry, Action gets a cool trip with Nanan to Tampa, Busch Gardens and points beyond**

Big Daddy isn't excited. He thinks that trips requiring passports should include him and Action. I would ordinarily agree, but we're going to the Bahamas. We're not going to Europe, for goodness sake. He has planned another passport-required trip later in the summer. We are going to Cabo. Wow - 2 stamps in the little blue book for Skibbie and 3 for me (let's not forget Greece in Jan) this year. That's a record for this little family.

Craftier and her family travel all over, all the time! She's been to every Disney on the PLANET within the course of one year! She and Yogi will leave directly from girls trip going to India. Just amazing!

So, where are you going this summer? Where should the Girls go next summer? Check the poll to let me know what you think.

A little more girl talk, if you weren't sick of it already. The "Sex and the City" premiere in our little town is tonight. One theater is having a "Dress as your favorite character" contest. I desperately want to go, but can't find another girl who is free. (No, I'm not going by myself - especially not to that movie.) Assuming you watch the show, I'm sure most of you know which character is my favorite. I think I could have a respectable showing in the contest with a few well chosen accessories. I have watched it since the beginning. I feel like I know these girls (and for sure know people like these girls). The best part of the show is that you don't have to live in NYC or wear Manolo's or be single to appreciate the friendships, the struggles of knowing yourself, being true to yourself and finding what it is to sacrificially love another.

So, for all you GIRLS, have a great day.

1 comment:

The Hat Chick said...

mom, when did you get thet soccer picture.

love sarah

How many have Peeped here?