Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We're not buyin' crazy today!

....Cause Lord knows we got enough already! Doesn't look like things will work out for Turtle at Son Valley, so Mama is bringin her home. It's for the best. There is a laundry list of reasons that things aren't working out....clothes not ironed, they didn't help her pack to come home, cold breakfast every day, wet towels in with clothes (oh, yes, the towels bled onto her white clothes), and I could go on. I know that no one will take care of her like Mama, but good grief - walking around in wrinkled clothes?! - gimme a break! Would you treat your 1st or 2nd grader that way? Of course not! And that's exactly how we have to think of Turtle. That's her "zone" - the level at which she can take care of herself. So, off to plan B, which is a day program 20 minutes from The Farm.

Crazy #2 - I ordered a gift for Taz, my nephew, from Gap on 5/22. My order confirmation assured me it would be delivered in 4 - 7 days from date of order. Well, wouldn't ya know, I got an email this morning saying it JUST SHIPPED! Taz's birthday is at the end of the month. Talk about crazy - it better be there on time! (Sidenote: yes, Taz's nickname used to be Happy, since he was such a happy baby. But as he's gotten older, my sister, Delaweird, calls him Razz-ma-taz. The first time I heard her call him "Taz", I asked if it was short for Tazmanian devil? She didn't think that was funny. So, Taz is his nickname....you choose the origin for yourself. And yes, my sister named herself Delaweird, so I'm using it.....at least until I come up with something better (hee, hee)).

Crazy #3 - We are leaving for vacation on 5/31. I'm starting laundry today. ME, starting laundry. Early. Now, THAT's crazy!

No comments:

How many have Peeped here?