Monday, May 12, 2008

On the road again...Seein' places I've already been

Folks, I take out tomorrow for Miss-ippi, so, my blog may be spotty this week (unless I get a good hotel with internet access). My little sister, Turtle, is moving to SON Valley, a home for mentally disabled adults, and I'm going to help Mama get her moved in. Turtle calls herself "Miss SON Valley", like she won the pageant for the title. I told her she better not be too vocal about that, as some other girl there may think of herself as Miss SON Valley. Maybe a pageant is in order.....this is Mississippi, after all.

I am going to make the most of my trip by seeing some old high school friends. I haven't seen these people in about 15 years (don't get the idea that I'm trying to make myself seem younger - it just happens that the only people from high school that are worth seeing are the ones I managed to keep in touch with for a least a few years out of high school). I haven't been to any of my reunions. But, I did make the traditional preparations - got my hair and nails done, walked a little longer today, did a few more sit-ups than usual, packing my "successful" clothes. I wonder if they have done some prep as well? I wonder how they have described me to their spouses? I wonder if they'll think I've aged well? "Good grief, look, her hairstyle is the same!" The good news is that Mama will be with me, and she will be able to tell a few tales herself. Because as we all well know, my memory is the pits.

I am thankful that the brood cleaned my car for the trip yesterday, but they cleaned it with something that it STANK-Y! And I don't mean regular Funk, I mean, bought-a-1970-VW-Beetle-German-engineered-STANK! I had to roll down all the windows, and it blew my brown football helmet hairdo all over the place. And don't ya know, now that I have wind-blow hair, I still have to make groceries today.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! Angie

The Hat Chick said...

Thanks Angie! I'm just now packing. I hope it doesn't rain on me all the way there!

Mama Yoder said...

Your names for people CRACK ME UP!!! What is my nickname?? (I'm afraid! - can I approve that before you post? LOL!!)

How many have Peeped here?