Look! That's a 3-story cactus in the open-air lobby, meaning the lobby of the hotel has no walls, no front-door. Just a desk and these couches sitting out. And of course, the cactus.
See! And the lobby just opens up to the two towers. Look for the Sea of Cortez beyond the towers. We were in the tower to the left. The HIE was in the tower to the right.
Fain-cy! You can get a couples massage right on the beach in these little cabanas. If you want to, you can just rent them for the day - no massage. We didn't do it - the massage or rent the cabana. But Skibbie and Action played on the rocks behind the cabanas and the lifeguard kept blowing his whistle at them.
Here's the view from our breakfast table. We sat on the veranda of the restaurant every morning.
This is the WAY cool vanishing edge pool. I took the photo with the volleyball net so you can see where the pool ends and the ocean begins - visually, I mean. The volleyball net is actually on the beach, but I love the reflection into the water. Talk about a glassy smooth surface.
I have decided not to make you suffer the details of the whole trip. I can sum it up ('cause you know it's all about the customer service with the Hat Chick):
We swam.
We snorkeled.
We para-sailed - forgot the camera - argh!
We ate.
I got sick.
The peeps zip-lined.
Our return flight was cancelled.
We stayed at a hotel that could have been a cruise ship.
We came home a day late.
The End.
The moral of the story - drink lots of tequila while in Mexico.
More photos tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment