Saturday, August 30, 2008

Watching Gustav

We are keeping a watchful eye on Gustav. Mama evacuated from S. Miss. today. She is headed to Galveston with Turtle. If the storm tracks in a more westerly direction, they are planning to pack things up at the house down there and come to our house. We may have to go down and help.

I dread it. Not because I don't want to help. Let me make that clear. I only dread it because the traffic will be ridiculous getting home. We will have to take the backroads after we get off the island.

Good news is that, at this hour, it would have to take a hard turn west for us or Galveston to be on the "dirty" side of the storm. So we wait. And watch. And wait. And watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WatcHing too.-Yoder

How many have Peeped here?