School is in! The Mommies are Free!
What to do? What to do?
Should I start with a mani/pedi? A facial? Shopping? Lunch with friends?
** (shake, shake) Wake up. You are dreaming. Wake up. (shake, shake)**
Oh, that's right. I have laundry to do. Volunteering. Cleaning. (My vaccuum cleaner may actually have cobwebs on it.) Gack - Cooking. Equally scary - Grocery shopping.
Sigh.
Then there's the project list. All the things I never seem to finish because I'm blogging (oops - did I just say that?) Pictures that were never hung. Closets that need to be organized. Landscaping that needs to be finished. And we won't even talk about the half finished craft projects.....that list is so long that it has been moved to a different list.
I'm a list person. I can't hold all the to-do's in my head anymore. When I was younger, I could keep endless mental lists and a virtual calendar. Shoot! Not anymore! I can't even remember why I went from one room in my house to the next, much less tell you today's date or what next Friday's date will be or what day Halloween will fall on (all things I could do a mere ten years ago). And I dare not go to the store, any store, without a list.
But there is something satisfying about marking things off the list. It's scratched off. Done. Accomplished. Finito. Let's get real.....Not hanging over my head.
And to finish a list and actually be able to throw it away?
Sheer heaven!
So even though I am independent of my children for a few hours every day, I am still a slave to the list. *ooh* That reminds me, I need to make a list of the calls I need to make today.
1 comment:
Sorry for the late reply on this, I've just gotten down to "Reply to Hat Chick" on my list of things to do....
CHECK!
Post a Comment