Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The HIE comes through for ME

I called the HIE today (see yesterday's post if this means nothing to you). He educated me on the fine intricacies of mortgage brokering and all the tricks and spells and wizardry that go along with it. So I set about to negotiate the deal of a lifetime. In this market, the deal of a lifetime actually occured a few months ago, so let's just say I was workin' the numbers as hard as I could.

My Girl Power Network came through and I was able to cut a few hundred bucks here and there and a little more back over here. I feel that I've made the best deal I can make, so now I set my sights on the mountain of paperwork needed to get the financing completed. Plus, I have to schedule inspections for the end of the week.

Instead of hiring a general home inspector, I'm thinking about hiring individuals to do inspections. I am so tired of paying a guy to look at the house and say, "You really need to get a licensed plumber/electrician/roofer/ac person to double-check that. It may be a problem." What am I paying the inspector for? Doesn't he know? He has to be licensed to be an inspector in the first place. I watch enough HGTV to know more than half the stuff he's telling me. Can you tell I've had bad experiences in the past?

Anyway, I figure that I could hire a plumber, electrician, and termite guy and at the least break even and know for sure what the problems are in the house. Maybe I should look for a Woman Inspector........Add to the Girl Power Network.

No comments:

How many have Peeped here?