Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just all over the place...

I had inspections on the new rent house yesterday. It took for-ev-ah! I decided to try another inspector, mainly because I didn't want to leave the structure to chance. He was very thorough. I have to go back and check a few things this morning. The brand new microwave doesn't work. However, the 30-year old Hotpoint dishwasher works like a charm! And there may be a foundation issue, but the level will tell the tale there. He says the floor in one room is out by 1.5 inches. I would feel that walking over a distance as short at 12 feet, but I don't. Could it be a measurement error? I don't know - there are no cracks by the windows, no cracks in the bricks, and the doors all close evenly - no evidence of repair of any of the tell-tale signs of foundation movement either. Like I said, show me the level.
- - - - - - - - - -
I start packing for Cabo-Wabo today. We leave tomorrow on the last hurrah of our summer vacation. We'll be meeting the HIE and Mrs. Cutillowitz there. The Peeps are seriously excited. Another stamp in Skibbie's passport and a first for Action. Don't worry though - I won't leave you hangin'. I have set up the mobile blogging feature on my cellphone. I can even send photos (this feature must be h*ll for that "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" thing). Well, we plan on having a good time, and I'll keep you updated on what's going on. That's what I'm trying to say.
- - - - - - - - -
Skibbie collected all her birthday booty and headed straight to Target. She bought the bike trailer - the one she has been saving and longing for since the Spring. Why does a child buy a bike trailer? Because she has stuff and people to haul. She's like PawPaw(Big Daddy's paternal grandfather). She collects things and uses them to build things. She's like TePaw(Big Daddy's father). She wants to sell things. And she has a burning desire to have the most successful lemonade stand in Small Town, Big State. She has an entrepreneurial spirit.


Doesn't she look proud? Remember that feeling when you bought your first "big thing" with your own money?


Big Daddy and Skibbie are working to put it together. He has lots of patience and is very good with the Peeps.


Figuring it out 'cause we don't need no directions.


Flag? Argh - It's orange! She'll think about that one for a while.


All hooked up, Action in place, Big Daddy checking the vent.....it is a hundred degrees after all.


And Here We Go......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness!---that is AWESOOOOMMEE!!! --Aunt Yoderian!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip! Let's together when you get back. Angie

How many have Peeped here?