As promised, here are more party pics from Skibbie's big day. Her wish list was short and well publicized - a sport watch and cash, so she can buy the bike trailer she's longed for and saved for all summer. But her favorite gift was the Royal Futura typewriter given to her by Cousin Patsy. She is totally mesmerized by it. I wish you could really see the look on her face here. We are still looking for the ribbon for it, but I have a lead. Skibbie can't wait to start typing letters. We haven't named it yet. I guess it needs ribbon before she can speak to us.
Look at these cute shoes! Skibbie's a shoe lover, just like her mom.
Is this girl ready for her sorority or what? See you in the Grove.
If you know Skibbie, you know she doesn't like cake. We've had birthday cake out of almost everything other than cake. This one is a mound of powdered donuts. It was so hot that I really wouldn't have minded an ice cream cake this year. (But we all agree, the hottest birthday was her Survivor Birthday party - I wanted to be voted off the Island!) If anyone is interested, I could post a gallery of the non-cake cakes we've had in the past.
Skibbie and her peeps! (Notice me in the reflection in the window. Hint to all - don't wear black while assembling a powdered donut cake.)
No comments:
Post a Comment