Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Whew!

Gustav didn't effect us. We watched and waited and thought about family and friends who evacuated, or didn't.

Now we only watch for Hannah, and Ike, and what will become Josephine.

Busy season.

But I thought it might be. After Hurrican Katrina, a local news person interviewed an "old-timer" from down in one of the southern parishes. He said he knew there would be a really bad storm. The reporter asked how he knew.

His grandmother always said that there would be a bad storm in the summer if there were few acorns in the spring.

I noticed that we had many fewer acorns than usual from our oak trees this past spring. I don't know if this wives tale is true for the Gulf Coast in general, or if it's good for oak trees with a certain radius.

The season is still young. I guess we have at least three more storms to test the theory.

No comments:

How many have Peeped here?