It's no news that I'm not especially techno-savy these days. I used to pride myself on being able to "keep up" with the latest stuff - not meaning that I owned or used the latest and greatest, but I was at least aware of its existence.
I am a late-adopter of new technology. Let someone else work out the bugs. Just look how long it took me to actually start a blog. These things have been around a long time. Until I started writing one, I wasn't sure of the usefulness of a blog. I couldn't figure out why other people were doing it. What was the point?
That's where I am with Facebook. I read the history of it, studied its original intended purpose, researched the owners, looked at where the company is headed. Decided it wasn't for me.
Then I got invited to join.
By a dear friend.
If she's doing it, it must be okay, right?
So, I have signed myself up on facebook, posted a few photos and some basic information. I have reconnected with some old friends. That part has been great. But I don't check it every day. And I don't "write on wall" very much. I guess it's not my go-to application yet. I'm not sure it ever will be.
Do you Facebook? If so, is it your go-to app?
2 comments:
This is how it starts you know -- just an innocent posting of photos on Shutterfly. No worries, right? Of course not, until you start the daily blog. But that's perfectly normal. It's just a way to keep up with family and it is fine ... That is until you take the next step -- Facebook. And then it happens, My Space, chatrooms, Internet political sites. The next thing you know you're at the computer 24/7. It's a slippery, slippery slope from suburban mom to computer geek. Walk with care my friend. I don't want to read about on CNN.com
Wow - this post of yours is very similar to one I just published on my own blog. Great minds think alike, huh? Our headline's even the same! I'm still trying to figure out the Facebook thing, but slowly and surely I'll get it down. Keep up your great posts, Hat Chick.
Post a Comment