Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Procrastination is the Devil

I had a really long list of errands and to-do's yesterday. I finished all of them except for two - pick up rent and go to the grocery.

I pushed off the grocery store so I could have lunch with my friend Boo. What is the big deal? I can go tomorrow. Boo might not be able to have lunch tomorrow.

I pushed off picking up the rent from my tenant because I had to run the kid-cab for soccer. I'll just pick it up in the morning.

Then at 5:30 pm yesterday, Action came down the stairs with 101.3 fever. Oh no! I didn't finish my errands, and with this fever he won't be able to go to school tomorrow. Darn! I should have finished my errands today!

I know what you're thinking. Don't you give a hoot about Action? Am I right? Of course I'm right. Any sane person would think the same thing.

If you're a mom, you know what I mean. My little peep has a fever, but it isn't from a life-threatening illness. It's just enough sickness to keep him from going to school and to keep me from finishing my errands. The darn errands I could have finished yesterday. But I didn't finish them yesterday. I played with my friends. I talked on the phone. I surfed the internet.

Here's the kicker - this isn't the first time I've found myself in this situation. Or the second. Or the third. You'd think I would learn. But noooo, I just keep on putting off. Putting things off until tomorrow. There are two sayings my mama had for this situation. I put them both in the "words of wisdom" to mark the occasion of yet another procrastination biting me in the behind! Will I ever learn?

No comments:

How many have Peeped here?