Friday, October 10, 2008

Learning to work my camera

I've been reading blogs for a little while now, and alot of the ones I like have photos on them. Luckily, they also have tips on taking better photos and enhancing photos with software.

Now I don't have one of 'em der fain-cy cameras. Mine is a Canon SD850 point-and-shoot, please be in focus, no red-eye kind of cameras. Most of the photography I admire has been nipped and tucked or taken with a Digital SLR, so when The Pioneer Woman had a guest blogger giving tips on how to use the "camera for dummies", I paid attention.

Here is the result of what I learned:


Get CLOSE!


REALLY CLOSE - these are the buds on my confederate rose. Those little hairs are kinda weird. Or warm and fuzzy. Or weird.


She also suggested that you try not to center everything. Now since I'm a square nerd for whom symmetry is almost a religion, this is a hard concept to embrace.



This is a hibiscus bloom. I don't think I got close enough. So I found a bud on the same plant and took......


....this one. Okay, maybe that's a little TOO close. Ick! Bug Spray? Anyone?

I have a bad feeling I am going to be on the slippery slope to gardening blogs. Help me! (Seriously, if you read a good gardening blog, share the wealth, people!)

No comments:

How many have Peeped here?