Skibbie has been having some tooth pain, so I took her to the dentist yesterday. She has several baby teeth that are loose, but are crowded together so they won't "let go". So the dentist pulled them - seven of them to be exact. She has front teeth and two molars left on each gum.
She's talking funny right now. But she's in good spirits and has no pain.
Anyway, as I was sitting in the dentist's office, I started thinking about the tooth fairy. After having seven teeth pulled, the fairy has to give a pretty big payout. The fairy doesn't pay a discount for seven teeth - there's a multiplier. Plus, she has to pay for pain and suffering and emotional distress. The fairy has to show up and pay out regardless of what the stock market is doing or what the interest rate is.
The Tooth Fairy. Pretty steady business. Recession-proof business.
There are quite a few recession-proof businesses:
Under-taker.
Doctor and dentist (apparently).
Liquor Salesman.
Congressman.
I am sure you can think of a few more to add to this list. Oh - if only I were the tooth fairy.....
1 comment:
psychiatrist and santa clause both come to mind
Post a Comment