It is no secret that I have a black thumb. I am a serial plant killer. Big Daddy is the only reason any living green thing survives at Fireside - inside or out. So I had to bring in the professionals to do the yard. We are adding plants, lighting, sprinkler system, a flagstone path and a frame for my swing. And a tree to replace the one that Ike blew down.
There's nothing like good before-and-after photos, so I'm taking you way back in the before pics. These photos are the ones I took before we made the offer on the house. This is the way the yard looked in summer 2006.
This was the patio. The lady who lived here had a green thumb. I don't. All this stuff died when I signed the closing papers.
This is the view from my bathroom window. I wish I could say that I have also re-done the bathroom in this year as well, but I haven't, so the interior "after" photo will only look different through the window.
Ah, another view of the patio. Notice the birdbath has some decay at the bottom. It rocked quite a bit. The bowl on this thing must have weighed 50 lbs. Of course, she didn't take it with her, so I had to remove it.
Bowling anyone? Don't get hit in the face by the low-hanging untrimmed pine tree. Those pine needles will put your eye out.
Oh wow! Look, there's a basketball court at the other end of the yard. Guess we can't put in that bowling alley after all. The lady at the far end giving us perspective on the yard is my Realtor Extraordinaire.
Now I love trees, but I don't care for the mess of a pine tree, so we had those big monster pine trees taken out. And when we trimmed back the overgrown hedge, we picked up five feet in yard width. That's when we just knew we could squeeze in a pool.
I have to take photos of the guys digging up the sod for the sprinkler system. See you tomorrow. -The Hat Chick
No comments:
Post a Comment