This is my foyer. I made the bats two years ago and just re-use them each year. Hey, that's alot of cutting, and my first grade teacher can confirm that cutting is not one of my skills. And neither is folding laundry, so don't look too closely at the mound of clothes on the couch.
Here is another view of the foyer with the parlor in the background. There's a bunch of my mama's boxes in there. It's the stuff she evacuated from Galveston.
Here is the Pit of Despair. This is a ridicously deep planter in our foyer. I don't like it. I can only tolerate it at Christmas when I fill it with poinsettias and our little train goes around it. For now, I think I will put the fog machine in there on Halloween. It will be spooky for the 5 trick-or-treaters we will get at Fireside. Again, the construction paper makes a pretty good fence.
If you have any paper left over, you can tape it together like I did and cut out a witch to tape to the mirror over your fireplace. I bought all the other stuff on the mantle on clearance last year or the year before. Yes, those are coffee beans in the florist vase. It makes the room smell good and goes with my fall color palette.
You may be wondering where our Carved Pumpkin is. In Little Town, Big State pumpkins carved too early never make it to Halloween. They turn into that stinky mushy orange pulp, so we carve the day before Halloween. Stay tuned for THAT masterpiece.
No comments:
Post a Comment