YEE-HAW People! The Dow was back up today and what a good day it was! I know it was Columbus Day today and everything will be in full swing tomorrow and that things could go bad. But, I'm optomistic. Hopefully everybody will come back from the holiday rested and ready to buy. Buy, People, Buy!
Abruptly changing the subject.....It is fall and that means festivals and fairs. There are all kinds of festivals going on in Little Town. We managed to make it to one of them on Saturday for about an hour. I love festivals. I love looking at the crafts. I love looking at the people looking at the crafts. I love the food. I love watching other people eat the food. How many ways are there to eat funnel cake and sausage-on-a-stick simultaneously? You'd be surprised! Let's just say, there is an art to it all. And yes, I ate a funnel cake. Or I should say, I got a bite of the funnel cake after Big Daddy, Action and Skibbie finished with it.
But the best part of a festival or fair for me is the old-fashioned campaigning that goes on. I just love to see the local elected officials and wanna-be's out "pressing the flesh". Most people walk by and avoid eye contact. Don't look at me. I'm not political. I don't even know if I'm registered to vote.
Not me.
I'll take that bumper sticker. I'll take your pamplet. I'll listen to your 10 second spiel. I might even wish you luck if I like what I hear.
There were plenty of candidates out and both major parties were represented. I picked up my McCain/Palin sign. I had to sign up for some local Republican organization and give them $20. I was really happy to see quite a few McCain/Palin signs floating around the fair. Big Daddy walked by the Obama booth and held up his sign while chanting, "We want a lipstick, not a dipstick!" No response from the Obama booth.
I wanted to shout "McCain - the lesser of two evils!" Somehow I don't think that tag line will be seen in any Republican ads anytime soon.
Anyhow, I'll be glued to the TV tomorrow, waiting for the opening bell, pretending that I know what I'm doing, watching with intensity with my trigger-finger on the mouse, ready to sell and take my profits - oops! Did I say profits? Make that profit - in the singular. The one. The one profit. I told you that I don't what I'm doing. That bull may buck me tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment