Thursday, September 18, 2008

School is still out

School is out for the rest of the week. It is reported that some of the schools in the district still don't have power. So, it's summer time again, except without the vacation plans, summer camps or my list of backup activities. What I do have is peeps that stay up too late, sleep too late and watch TV when they are bored.

We've managed to stave off boredom for most of the week. A lot of parents had the early part of the week off, and the peeps had the excitement of the storm and fences down. So there have been lots of people milling around the neighborhood and all the kids have been home, something we don't see during the summer due to intolerable heat or vacations.

Today, people have gone back to work, so we haven't seen many kids out playing. Action is upstairs working on a 2-hour Disney Channel marathon. Skibbie took off to another neighborhood (the one where she laid down the law). I just called to check on her, and all is well.

I guess I'm off to cook supper.....another summertime ritual I avidly avoid.

No comments:

How many have Peeped here?