Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Haze

I have decided to spare you the gorry details of my Good Friday oral surgery. I will skip ahead to the photos of the rest of the weekend, through which I floated partially drugged (as you will notice in the glazed-over look that I have in all the photos).

Told you I was drugged.....just kidding. Skibbie made this cake at a friend's house and brought it home. Isn't it cute? I think the bowtie lost something in the move to our house. Or Action just came by and starting picking it apart.



The Peeps dyed Easter Eggs. I only boiled a dozen eggs. Usually we make more for all the cooking that needs to be done.....deviled eggs, potato salad and all.



Big Daddy and I by the pool on Easter morning. It was very cloudy and rainy. Not the glorious sunny morning I always expect to awaken to on Easter. Nothing says "He is Risen" like sunshine.




Bid Daddy and the Peeps. Skibbie wore one of my hats. Her white gloves didn't fit. ARGH! Action was just high on sugar and didn't care how many pictures he had to endure.






This is actually the first photo that was taken. My jaw was mighty sore and it took me a while to actually get a smile going. I'm not angry. I promise.



We had some close friends over for Easter dinner. You know those kind of friends - the ones who you can invite over and they don't care if you have folded laundry on the couch (which I didn't, thankfully) and the ones who you can ask to bring half the meal and they happily oblige (which I did). Big Daddy and I managed to make ham, homemade mac-n-cheese, green salad and potato salad. Our friends brought green beans and carrots, pork loin, dessert and lots of wine.

But there is something in my blood that won't let me have people over without setting the table.........This is all I could manage. Notice the shocking lack of centerpiece.



I eventually plated the half dozen Shari's Berries that Mrs. Cutillowitz sent us and placed them on the cake stand. They were very pretty and festive. And delicious.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. HE IS RISEN INDEED!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Donna you look beautiful. I love your Easter outfit. Happy Monday. Angie

Nina in Portugal said...

You were gorgeous...swollen jaw and all!

Thank you for the pool shots! Those were just for me weren't they?! ;)

No one dresses up here for Easter. Which is a good things, cause we never dressed up in the States either.....Easter clothes for 5 kids...and me...yeah, right!! I'd like to buy groceries next month!!

Praise the Lord....he didn't need sunshine to resurrect himself from the grave....!!

Praise His Name!

Unknown said...

Gee whiz! You look gorgeous ... oral surgery and all.

I love those kind of friends, but also hate to have a dirty house when anyone comes over.

Mandi Shandi said...

You look sensational! That hat is to.die.for! What is her name? The whole crew looks great by the pool.

I hate you had to have surgery, but I'm glad it went well.

Skibbie takes after her Momma with all those baking skills. That cake is so cute!

How many have Peeped here?