My cake sold *whew* for $15. You know it cost me $30 to make it. HA! The joke is on them....at the end of the night, I bought a leftover store-bought carrot cake for $5 that someone paid at least $10 for. HA again!
Both my peeps came home with their hair full of confetti and exhausted from running around with their friends. Big Daddy was extra excited because I was outbid on all the auction items I wanted, particularly the parking space at the front of the school. I planned to split it with another family. We determined our limit and went in with guns a-blazing, just knowing we wouldn't be outbid.
Boy were we wrong! We were out of it from the word Go. It sold for $375. Can you believe it? And that's not the school record! It went for $1100 one year!
We licked our wounds and concluded that we are young and healthy and will look really good walking through the parking lot in all the new shoes we can still afford to buy. HA and HA and HA again!
3 comments:
Sounds like fun was had by all, and I told you that fabulous cake would sell. That whole parking space by the door thing is a great idea. I'll have to remember to suggest that when my boys are school age.
I'm glad your cake sold! Sounds like a fun time. I can't believe the parking space went for so much money. Auctioning a close space is a great idea!
-FringeGirl
Actually they auction off a few unusual things - the first 3 spots in the carpool line (each goes for around $1200 each year), the right to name the driveway in front of the school (they put up a street sign, went for $1700 this year), and each teacher donates an after-school activity time with one lucky bidder and a guest (I've seen those go for as high as $200 per teacher). The new item this year was your child's name on the marquee in front of the school for the entire month of their birthday. I have no idea how much those went for. The PTA makes A LOT of money off of carnival.
Post a Comment