Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tuesday Tantrum Two Days late

I could go on and on about all the things in the world there are to complain about.....poor economy, erosion of moral values, dependence on foreign oil, universal health care, immigration, mysterious loss of honey bees .....

But let's talk about what really effects people every day.

Those annoying inserts in magazines.

You know, the smelly ones.

The ones offering a two-year subscription for "75% of the newsstand price".

The ones with the tiny sample and coupon attached.

And the horrible ones..... the full page ad on the slightly thicker paper that pulls the magazine apart when you try to tear it out.

The ones that make the magazine fall open to the advertisement when the article you want to read is on the next page, BUT you can't read the article because the little insert makes the page flip closed.

My issue of Real Simple only had 5. That's not bad for a magazine whose May issue has 246 pages. And the folks are Real Simple are generally nice enough to either perforate them so I can tear them out cleanly or to just stuff the ad between the pages (no glue at all).

I bet we could dent global warming by banning magazine inserts. Just think of all the trees that would be saved.

5 comments:

Mandi Shandi said...

I second your feelings here! The first thing I do all of my mags before I even read them is go through and tear those things out!

Missy said...

Amen! I can't stand those things either. I mean really, wouldn't one be enough.

Thanks for your sweet comments.

Nina in Portugal said...

Tell it Girl!!!

What is this world coming too?!

Anonymous said...

They annoy the heck out of me!

Good tantrum no matter what day of the week it's on.

-FringeGirl

A Joyful Chaos said...

You mirrored my feelings exactly. I detest magazine inserts.

How many have Peeped here?