Do you have a swimsuit?
Do you do what I do........shop for an eternity to find the
An acceptable swimsuit for me has LOTS of criteria:
1. Give my boyish figure the illusion of curves.
2. Say "sexy" and "mommy" at the same time. (Not to be confused with "hot mama")
3. Be colorful, cause white suit on white skin? yeah, not so sexy.
4. No dizzying print.
5. Matching coverup (that actually covers me up).
6. Make my tummy look flat and my booty look not so flat.
I've found one suit maker that, well, suits me. It's Becca V. What makes her collection so great is that she makes tops in multiple styles and bottoms in multiple styles AND she makes the all-important coverup to match. AND you can mix and match.
Like a skimpy bottom but want that tank on top? She's got it.
Do you have the ta-tas for that string bikini top, but want a full coverage, flirty skirt on the bottom? She's got it.
And just because you asked.......(you were gonna ask, right?)........I have a few tips that help with bathing suit shopping (at least for me anyway):
1. Spray tan before you go.
2. Don't wear socks to shop. Wear little flip flops. You can see how you would look pool/sea side and you won't have that sock line.
3. Wear flesh colored undies - I don't trust that little "try on" strip any further than I could throw it - eeeeww!
4. Bring your camera and take a picture of yourself in the potential suit (or have your friend take it, or the salesperson). Consider this a preview of your vacation photos.
5. When trying on the suit, sit down in it. Lay on the floor in the dressing room, pretending you have a beach towel (or go to housewares and borrow a beach towel, if you need the full effect).
6. Do 35 sittups, 20 squats and 42 butt crunches before you leave for the store.
7. Wear a dress that is easy to slip on and off. You don't want any waistband lines to distract you.
8. This should go without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway. Please shave very well. Or wax. (I will admit that I have never waxed, but have wanted to try it for years. If you have any advice on that, I would love to hear it.)
Have you ever found your perfect swimsuit? Do you buy a new swimsuit each year? Bikini, tankini, or one-piece?
As for me, I'm pulling out my bikini from last year. It still has a lot of work to do.
6 comments:
Look on the bright side...you could be me shopping for a perfect mu-mu? (Is that how you spell it) So I can survive pregnancy this summer. :) At least no one will see me in the back yard and a cute cover up is a must. Angie
Nothing in recent years has fit the "perfect" bill. And all my requirements are much like yours.
I'm on the look-out this season for navy with teeny white polka-dots. I'd love to find one!
Totally a tankini. This body will never see a bikini again. No way. Never. Baby-carrying has ruined me for that.
I buy one every couple of years, but absolutely hate shopping for them.
My swimsuit once looked nice, but now is faded very badly. I hate shopping for swimsuits and I really don't like to wear them, but I do like swimming.
I'd be fine if I could cut off my legs or get liposuction.
-FringeGirl
Where can I go to get a spray tan & where they might airbrush abs on me too? LOL! --Delaweird
Isn't this every womans nightmare?
I got extremely lucky a couple of years ago and found a suit that is flattering. The skirt bottom is long enough to cover what needs to be covered.
I noticed on vacation that the elastic is starting to go. I am heartbroken. And afraid.
My word verification word is BUMBA! How funny is that?
Post a Comment