Monday, February 23, 2009

And the name of my new hat is.........


Ruby.

I chose Ruby for a few reasons:
1. It's my birthstone.
2. Skibbie suggested it.
3. The name Ruby makes me think of this song:




I grew up listening to this song, but my jaw dropped when I saw the date of the performance. I had no idea "Ruby" was this old.

My Ruby wouldn't take her love to town. She would get dressed up and pretend that she was takin' her love to town, but it would just be to get attention. And if she didn't get attention, she would pout.....that bottom-lip-draggin'-the-ground, arms-crossed, brows-cinched kind of pout. But she would eventually pour herself a glass of wine and decide it was too much trouble to pout because pouting would likely increase wrinkles, and life is too short to pout, especially when one is as Red and Fabulous as Ruby.

She won't win Miss Congeniality among my other hats, but the closet is much brighter with her there.

4 comments:

Mandi Shandi said...

I don't know how I missed that post on hats the first time around, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. You have quite a collection and a favorite for me would be impossible to pick, but I do love them all. Ruby will love her new friends!

Mandi Shandi said...

I just got my apron in the mail from the craft it forward, and thank you thank you thank you! I LOVE it! It will be so perfect for my craft apron so I can keep my scissors and small stuff in the pockets when I sew. Thanks again!

Missy said...

What a lovely red hat! I'm sure it looks great on you!

I also wanted to tell you that I received my "oh so fabulous apron" in the mail a couple days ago from the craft it forward give away. Love it! My favorites - pink and brown. You're good! I wore it yesterday when my daughter and I made cookies, but Mandi has a good idea for using it as a craft apron, too. Thanks so much for making it and taking the time to do it. You did an awesome job. I love it! I'll post about it soon!

Anonymous said...

Love Ruby! I love the apron you sent too. It's really fabulous and the colors are awesome. Thank you! It will make an appearance on the domestic fringe and be accompanied by a recipe. Can't wait!

-FringeGirl

How many have Peeped here?