I got this meme in Facebook last night, so I thought I would share. It's about my first pregnancy. It was fun to remember all this stuff. It seems like it happened so long ago.
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Sorta. We wanted kids but couldn’t make the decision to start trying. I love it when things take care of themselves.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
yes - 6 years
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Happy, scared and in disbelief
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
27
5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Test in dr office. I was 10 weeks before I knew it – duh!
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? SECOND?
Big Daddy, then my parents, then his parents.
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Absolutely!
8. DUE DATE?
August 17, but the show happened on August 12
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
No, and thank goodness, because I was traveling on business a lot then.
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Steak Finger baskets from Dairy Queen, texas toast with white gravy and chocolate milk. Don’t knock it til you try it.
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
That my clothes didn’t fit. I hated maternity clothes, so I didn’t buy any for a LONG time.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Girl
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No. Only prayed the baby was healthy and would have Big Daddy’s olive skin.
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
Too much – 50 lbs, but I lost it all in 3 months.
15. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
No. I had the textbook pregnancy. Don’t hate me.
16. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
At the hospital
17. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
8 hrs
18. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Big Daddy at 2 am. My water broke at midnight and I was in labor for 2 hrs with contractions 5 mins apart before we decided to call the doctor. We just hated to call him at that hour.
19. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Big Daddy. He was holding my shoulders and trying to help me push. He was sweating from “pushing” so much that the nurse had to wipe his brow. It made me laugh and I got in trouble with the nurse for not concentrating on the task at hand.
20. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
natural
21. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Epidural at 6 cm. My contractions were too close for me to take a break, so I got it a little earlier than I wanted. Oh well.
22. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
6 lbs, 8 oz
23. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?
August 12, 1997 at 8:18 am. When we looked at the time, we decided to shoot for 8/12 at 8:12.....can you say Type A?
24. DID YOU DECIDE THE NAME BEFORE THE BABY WAS BORN?
Sorta. We were down to two names: Lauren Augustine and Skibbie. Skibbie won.
25. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
11 years old.
2 comments:
I gained 50 lbs. too. It wasn't pretty and I'm glad it's gone.
Your food cravings didn't sound so bad. It actually sounds tempting now.
-FringeGirl
This was a great read for me. Wow! My best friend just gave birth this weekend and seeing him was amazing. It's amazing every time I see it. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment