Mama Belle commented that my red hat reminded her of the hat from the movie "Pretty Woman". It got me thinking about hats in the movies.
My first thought was of those tiny vintage hats that never fit my head. I love "Catch Me if you Can", and this is one of my favorite scenes. The aspiring flight attendants unknowingly acting as a deflection for Leonardo DeCaprio's character. See how those hats are just sitting perfectly perched on their heads? Those things HAVE to be pinned on. Or maybe there's so much hairspray in their hair that it creates a static cling effect? Alberto V05, anyone?
Here's Julia at the polo matches. When this movie came out, I immediately went on the hunt for that brown polka-dotted dress and hat. (found both, thank you very much) What strikes me about this photo is how she wears her hair up. I think that having your hair up is crucial for some hats to look right.
And who can forget "My Fair Lady"? Audrey Hepburn was the ultimate hat chick.







3 comments:
I love Audrey Hepburn! She looks fantastic in a hat. When did hats and gloves go out of style?
-FringeGirl
Oh how I love Audrey Hepburn. I had that poster of her in that hat in college, so classy! You NEED that hat! You should do a post on all the hats you own, or maybe you have and I missed it? Regardless, I would love to see all your hats. A show and tell of sorts.
OK, maybe it doesn't look like that hat now that I see it posted. Maybe it's you that looks like Julia Roberts. I don't know. But, you do look great in hats. I'm always nervous to wear one.
Post a Comment