Oh y'all! Fringe Girl asked me a little while back if I would be interested in the new series she's doing over at The Domestic Fringe. It's a little q&a for the spring. I jumped right in because I thought it was such a cute idea.
She didn't tell me I'd have to go first (until like, yesterday).
After reading all that she wrote, I have the shakes, but in a good way (or it could just be that I've had 3 cups of coffee already, and I guess that would be a bad thing). She put my name in lights. For all to see. I feel like Loretta Lynn on that stage for the first time - "Oh, Doo, I cain't sang in front of all these here peeeple." (I confess, I watched "Coal Miners Daughter" last night.)
Fringe Girl found me via a comment on Pioneer Woman. We were commenting neighbors. As is her nature, she came over with a plate of warm cookies and knocked on my bloggy door. I invited her in for coffee and we've spent the last few months getting to know each other.
Since I am sorta new in the bloggy 'hood, like any good neighbor, she introduced me to several of her friends, such as Mama Belle and Portugal Bound. I've enjoyed getting to know everyone and their families, and look forward to seeing what's going on in their lives each day.
Blogging is now part of my daily routine. Big Daddy doesn't understand how I'm so 'sucked in' to this. He doesn't understand the community of blogging, because my dear friends, it is a community.
I would to thank Fringe Girl for introducing the new chick around the neighborhood. I hope to meet many more of you and add you to my "Peeps Here" list. I must warn you though - I tend to lurk before I comment (yes, sometimes I hide behind the hat).
Thanks again, Fringe Girl.
10 comments:
You deserve every minute of fame you get! You are the Southern Belle that everyone wishes they knew, but didn't realize really existed. I know I have LOVED becoming pals!
Nice job on the interview!
You have always been famous to me.
Angie
I thought you were "mah-va-lous" with your 15 minutes of fame!!!
Laughed out loud at your grossest public moment!
May you always enjoy blogging as much as you do right now!
I was so sad to see your naked head in that picture of you and Big Daddy. I just knew you'd have a hat on....but I guess I'll forgive you. From his tanned face, I'll bet he's a golfer???
Maybe they don't do hats in Vegas? Who knows?
Every time I scroll down through your blog that picture of Action in his football pads makes my heart stop...he is SO cute!! I think I like it better then him in his tux, and that picture is hard to beat! Tell him there's a 30 something year old lady in Portugal that has a crush on him....(or would that freak him out?)
I'm waiting my turn...scared to death that my next email will be fringegirl with a list of questions I'm afraid to answer....she's like that you know...gotta watch that girl!
Nina,
Thanks for your kind words. Action's ego is as big as his eyes are blue, so I don't tell him anything that will continue the inflation of his head.
No hats after 5 pm. It's a rule.
Big Daddy is not a golfer. His skin is that color all the time, and it makes me green with envy.
You did an amazing job on your interview!!!! I now have another blog to follow, woohooo
Great interview, Hat Chick. I'm visiting from FringeGirl's blog bearing Pop Tarts. It's great to meet a fellow blogette!
Glad I got to meet you too ... you and your sassy hats.
OK, just went over to Fringegirl's interview of you and let me tell you something ... that picture of you and your hubby ... what the heck? Are you like a model or something? I officially hate you and love you at the same time. You are one beautiful lady. Julia Roberts, nothin' ... way better.
Post a Comment