Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I love faces and other stuff

Since I took this picture of Action, I just have to enter it into


I can't tell you how many times he's given me this look.


The contest is all about the eyes this week. I don't know if this photo will be a contender, but he is my own little blue eyes. Look out Sinatra.

*******************

I was crafting yesterday. I should have been packing. We are leaving for a ski trip tomorrow. I don't like cold weather and I don't know how to ski. I made a deal with the devil Big Daddy to learn how to ski if he would take ballroom dance with me. He has held up his end of the deal - and he's given it the ole college try AND has had a good attitude about it.

Gack!

Now I have to take the ski lessons AND be happy about it. What is it they say about payback?

Let's not focus on my impending but-tocks-in-the-snow adventure. Let us focus on the crafts.


I bought new chairs after Christmas. I added these little accents.
This is from extra uphosltery fabric I had stored away and the "B" is a magnet that I glued on with fabric glue. I got the "B" from Hobby Lobby.


This is how it looks on both chairs. I was worried that 2 of the initials would be a little too much, but I like them.

This is the whole living room. Quick story, you know that show "Trading Spaces" that comes on TLC? I traded spaces with myself. That upholstered ottoman is a $7 coffee table from Goodwill that I upholstered myself. Then I was looking for a couch and walked into a warehouse store and found this couch will all the cushions on it in the fabric that matched AND it was on SALE for $500 - all AFTER I bought the fabric and upholstered the ottoman!!!

The sun came out and I could hear the hallelujah chorus.
It followed me home.
***********
{Craft It Forward} preview below:


I'm going to a sock hop as June Cleaver and needed a 50's style apron. I stole this idea from My Spare Time. If you won my {Craft It Forward}, you will be receiving an apron something like this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! That boy's gonna be a heartbreaker for sure!

Great job with the living room! Seriously impressive. And the accents that you added to the chairs are great! I especially love the colors you chose.

Mandi Shandi said...

Your son is a doll! I have a feeling that may mean trouble in a few years for the ladies!

I completely see your taste now! Love how you did those accents on the chairs. I can just tell we are gonna be fast friends!

And by the way, that apron, OH MY! I am so glad I won your Craft it forward!

Have a great ski trip. I bet you'll love it!

Anonymous said...

Love your living room. Those little accents really do give it a finished touch. Great job on the ottoman.

Have fun learning to ski!!

-FringeGirl

VisibleSoulPhotography said...

My 11yr old just peered over my shoulder and said "Hmmm...he's cute!"

I have to agree with her. ;)

Missy said...

Oh my goodness! I can't wait. I was the third commenter. I need an apron. Soooo cute!

How many have Peeped here?