It's tax time. So what does that mean for me? Hat shopping, of course!
Why hat shopping? Because I use ev.er.y. excuse I can to avoid doing the taxes. And what better way to escape from reality than to browse for hats?!
Easter is on the way and I don't want to wait until the last minute.
All the good ones might be taken.
If I don't shop for the hat now, then I might run out of time to find a dress that matches.
And shoes.
And a bag.
And Skibbie's dress will have to match mine and I will need time to find that too - okay, not really, but the longer the excuse list the better, right?
I have been shopping the internet and found quite a few hat shops online. My favorite by far is Jill Henning Hats. Her hats are works of art. If you link over, you will notice that no prices are listed. You know what that means......if you need to ask, you prob'ly can't afford it. I'm not askin'. But they sure are purty.
Polly Singer has some gorgeous hats too. And she has a cute blog, Hat Chat. I was curious about her vintage hats. I have tried on vintage hats at thrift/antique stores and there's a universal truth about those old hats - they are tiny! Back in the day women must have had tiny little heads or those chapeaus must have been perched and pinned.
Or I just have a big head. Either way, vintage hats don't fit me.
I'm still on the hunt for a RED beauty. Every time I google (who'd a thunk that would ever be a verb!) red hat, I get every Red Hat Society out there. I will be a red-hatter one day, but today is not that day. I just want a red hat. Her name will be Roxane. Or Scarlett.
1 comment:
Can't wait to see what beauty you find.
Post a Comment