Action came home sick from school today. He gets migranes. He is so pitiful when he gets one. I feel so sorry for him. He cries, rolls around in agony and asks "Why me? Why me?" in a full-on dramatic voice.
When he gets these headaches, it helps him to vomit. It makes him feel better. I'm not a doctor and I don't know why it works, but it does. He doesn't call for me when he starts feeling sick to his stomach. He just runs to the bathroom and gets sick, then finds me to report that he has gotten sick so I can tuck him into bed where he sleeps off the headache. It's a routine that he has established.
Through it all, he manages to make light of the situation. After he got sick today, he walked into the kitchen looking pale and spent, looked me in the eye and said flatly, "Clean up on aisle 3."
"Did you get sick?" I asked, knowing the answer but not wanting to hear the reply.
"Yes. Sorry, Mom, I missed."
He never misses. He always makes it to the bathroom. It can't be that bad. He exaggerating for effect.
Warning: If you get sick from vomit stories, do not read on. Stop here. Click away.
Ick! He missed. I went down "aisle 3" to discover vomit all over the bathroom floor and on the wall. I cleaned it up with papertowels and 409, all the while trying not to gag.
Action is asleep now, but I can tell you it will be a long time before he has powdered donuts for breakfast again.
p.s. Sorry that I had to share this, but I had to get it off my chest so I can go back to addressing the Christmas cards. Hoping that you have a vomit-free day....The Hat Chick
2 comments:
Oh, I hope he feels better soon! Hang in there. Angie
Ok, I just left a comment and got an error. Oh well, it was too long anyway. Sorry your son suffers with migranes. I can relate. I get them BAD too and they often make me vomit. Tell him we hope he's feeling better.
Post a Comment