The Holiday Version Meme
Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate with tiny marshmallows and sometimes with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. YUMMY!
Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate with tiny marshmallows and sometimes with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. YUMMY!
Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree?
Santa builds toys and delivers them. He's got no time to wrap.
Santa builds toys and delivers them. He's got no time to wrap.
Colored lights on tree or white?
White
When do you put your decorations up?
Whenever we get time to buy the tree, which is always real.
What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Sweet potato casserole with tiny marshmallows. Are you sensing a theme?
Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Helping my mother put together Turtle's tricycle.
When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What are you talking about? What truth about Santa?
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We open one as a compromise. I grew up opening all of them on Christmas Eve to make room for Santa's presents. Big Daddy's family opened their presents Christmas morning because they got home too late from all the parties after church. The one gift we open is our special Christmas jammies.
How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I do all the lights and garland, then I put the pretty, breakable ornaments at the top. The peeps hang the ornaments at the bottom. Big Daddy takes photos of us doing all the work.
Snow... Love it or Dread it?
Snow? What's that?
Can you ice skate?
No. I can put on skates and fall down really well though.
Do you remember your favorite gift?
As an adult, my favorite gift is the ruby tulip ring Big Daddy bought me for our first Christmas together. As a child, I was always excited to get Barbies, especially the mall or the beach bus. I still have my Barbie corvette - 8-track tape and CB included.
What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Remembering why we celebrate CHRISTmas.
What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Rolled and cut sugar cookies in the holiday shapes.
What is your favorite tradition?
So many - ugliest Christmas wrapping contest, Christmas jammies, lard casserole (the breakfast casserole with toooo much fat. Thank you pork sausage.), making a gingerbread house with my peeps.
Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving?
Giving. It's the ultimate pretense for shopping. I love to find the perfect gift, although I'm not usually that successful. I am easily distracted. "Ooh, look at the pretty lights."
What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Little Drummer Boy, and any holiday carol my boyfriend Harry sings.
Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yum - especially dipped in chocolate.
Ever recycled a Christmas present (aka ReGifted) ?
Abso-tootly.
Thank you to Mama Belle.
Now, you're it!
1 comment:
I never tried dipping a candy cane in chocolate, but it sounds super yummy. Chocolate makes everything better!
Post a Comment