Saturday, December 20, 2008

Can I borrow your party face? Mine is permanently fixed in a scowl!

The Christmas marathon continues. My list is nothing but a piece of paper cluttering the front of my refrigerator. I'm totally off track and I totally don't care. We had overnight guests last night, the soccer Christmas party this afternoon and I'm supposed to be getting ready for another holiday party at our neighbor's house right now.

Big Daddy mowed the grass and decided to prune the shrubs. He waited until I left home to take Skibbie to a sleepover to cut back the ONE decent plant in the front yard. He didn't prune it. He turned it into firewood. What was once a properly shaped bush-turned-tree (I can't think of the name of the plant right now because I am consumed with anger) into 6 spears of wood with rouge foliage jutting out of the bottom. He pruned it with a chainsaw. That's not pruning. That's mutilation. Even the landscaper said that plant (still can't think of the name of it) was the only one in the front yard worth saving.

It will take a Christmas miracle for it to live. It's 70 degrees right now with another cold front coming in tonight. It's only supposed to be 40 degrees tomorrow. The shock and awe might kill the plant.

Now I have to go to this party and play nice. I hope I can find my Party Face. Please pray for my poor nameless plant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. Don't mean to laugh, but I'm picturing your husband going crazy in the front yard with a chainsaw. Mine cut down my holly bush. I was planning on decorating with clippings this Christmas...oh, well. We'll hope for a Christmas miracle to come to your poor plant.

Enjoy the party!
-FringeGirl

How many have Peeped here?