Friday, December 12, 2008

Now that my fingers have thawed out, I can type again

IT SNOWED!

HERE!

IN LITTLE TOWN, BIG STATE!

And Skibbie and I were downtown in BIG CITY, BIG STATE when it really started snowing. She was riding in the car with her head sticking out the sunroof, letting the snow hit her in the face and holding her mouth open so the flakes could land on her tongue. She sorta looked like a dog. We pulled up next to a police car at a stop light and she was waving at them and they were laughing at her. I was just hoping they weren't going to pull us over and give us a ticket since she wasn't seated and didn't have her seatbelt on. Even the cops were in the Christmas Spirit with this miracle of snow.

The snow in this photo looks like rain, but I promise it's snow. (See anything familiar? That hat came in handy!)


This picture shows the flakes a little better. I know you're wondering if my camera just had issues, but no, all those white specks are really snow flakes. Cold, icy, never-seen-it-before-in-our-town, honest to goodness snow flakes.



Curious photo: Palm Tree vs Snowflake (the flakes are getting bigger!)



We were able to gather enough snow to have a snowball fight - we threw 2 snowballs each.

Now I know that anyone living in a place that gets Real Snow is laughing at me right about now. We don't know anything about Real Snow in Little Town, Big State, but it sure is fun to see it every once in a while. Especially right before Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Snowflakes and palm trees are a funny mix. It's a good thing you had that hat!
-FringeGirl

How many have Peeped here?