Thursday, December 4, 2008

The MASTER List

I am getting organized for Christmas. I have been informed that I have unrealistic expectations and that if I let a few things go, then I would be happier. I think I am happy already. I like going for the "Southern Living" photo spread Christmas. Anything worth doing is worth doing well - that's what I keep repeating to myself as I tape and fold the 60th homemade Christmas card (which I have already decided I will not do next year - or if my memory lapses enough by next fall, I will start making them in October).

Here is my master Christmas list. You all know this doesn't include the laundry and other stuff that we, as moms, have to do each day to run the house, but I need something to streamline the process or I will get overwhelmed. Get out the vitamins - here's the list.

Master Christmas Schedule 2008
Week Ending 12/6/08
· Complete and mail Christmas Cards
· Identify, wrap and ship out-of-town gifts
· Get Christmas Tree
Week Ending 12/13/08
· Clean house for company
· Paint Bathrooms
· Decorate house (inside and out)
· Wrap presents
· Finish stocking stuffer shopping
Week Ending 12/20/08
· Grocery Shop
· Make Gingerbread for House
· Bake Christmas Cookies
· Clean house for company
· Host Cocktail party for Big Daddy’s dept?
· Do homeroom mom duties (teacher birthday and Christmas party)
12/19/08 – Peeps get out of school for holidays
12/21/08 – Make gingerbread house
12/22/08 – Start Cooking
12/23/08 - Touchup Clean House

On 12/24 the fun begins and whatever is done is done and whatever is not done, won't get done. And I will be perfectly happy either way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're painting your bathrooms now?

At least you have a list of when you need things done. I on the other hand wonder from day to day doing this and that and ultimately forgetting something VERY important. I think I'd panic if I wrote everything down and saw it all in one place.

How many have Peeped here?