Monday, December 1, 2008

Dare to Wear (on accident)

Mama Belle has been promoting "Dare to Wear" for a while now. I knew that on the scheduled date of Dec 1 I would be on the red-eye back from NYC, so I didn't promote it or plan to participate. But my strong sense of self-preservation overtook my sense of style this morning so my fantastic antique store purchase on Friday which should look like this when worn:





Ended up looking like this:



Baby it's cold outside at 4 am in Yew Nork.

Notice how the hat looks like a fine piece of millinery until you pair it with red plaid and grey wool. It reverts to a pimp-like state, doesn't it? (Thanks to Skibbie for taking these photos)

You should have seen the look on the Cowboys faces in the airport. I could just hear the internal monologue......I wonder what kind of dead animal that is on her head and why is she smiling about it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it with the coat and scarf! Rock it, girl! :)

Anonymous said...

"Notice how the hat looks like a fine piece of millinery until you pair it with red plaid and grey wool. It reverts to a pimp-like state, doesn't it?" - you killed me! So, so funny.

Unknown said...

I think you look gorgeous! So classy. I'm talkin' high society.

Thanks for participating.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

You look great! You've inspired me...I need to get a cuter hat...

Mama Yoder said...

Those cowboys were probably thinking, "Now that is MY kind of woman who will wear a dead animal on her head - and PROUDLY!"..LOL!!!

How many have Peeped here?