Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sifting Stirring and Whirring

Today is my designated baking day. The gingerbread and sugar cookies doughs are made and chilling. The peanutbutter balls for my buckeyes were too sticky, but I covered them in chocolate, so I think everyone will forgive me if they aren't actually round.

The UPS man has been here so many times over the last two days that I may have to invite him to dinner. I think my family is personally responsible for keeping the major department stores and the Outlet Mall from going bankrupt. The number of packages seems to have multiplied this year, in spite of the fact that we all vowed to cut back.

Seeing all these packages has me wondering; Does your family draw names? Buy gifts for just the kids? Do you have a dollar limit? Is it something new you started this year, or is it an annual thing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just buy for the kids. No dollar amount or any "rules". I'm not good at gift rules anyway. You've done a good deed this Christmas, you've kept the UPS man in his job. I'm sure he's thankful.

How many have Peeped here?