Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday Morning Chaotic Post

Thank you for letting me rant on Saturday. Big Daddy apologized for ruining my Ligustrum. Mine looked just like the one in the photo in the link. Now imagine that photo with the entire green foliage top chopped off. That's what's left on the front corner of my house.

The party on Saturday was awesome. We met lots of new neighbors, had great wine and food, and shared holiday cheer with the hostess (whose house at which I actually asked my realtor to stop and ask if she would be interested in selling...my neighbor only found that mildly amusing).

Santa's elves from Best Buy delivered my new old-school washer and dryer this morning. I never thought I would be happy to be getting a washer and dryer for Christmas. Oh, how the prissy have fallen. I didn't get one of those new-fangled, fain-cy front loaders. I have heard too many horror stories about those things - mainly how it costs a fortune to repair it if the computer chip gets steam in it, or the gasket gets ripped by the hook on your bra.

I am now making my list for the grocery store between trips upstairs to yell at the peeps to put away the last clothes ceremoniously washed in the old washer and dryer. Skibbie still needs to wrap presents and clean her room. Action has so many chores to do that I fear he may not see the outside of the house until after Christmas.

To add to the Christmas chaos, we have decided to refinance the house. Nothing like pouring more stress on the sundae of laundry, wrapping, cooking and shopping that is the holidays, but interest rates less than 5% make it worth my while.

I am attempting a new style gingerbread house this year. I want to try a Low Country house. I emailed my friend Craftier for some hints on construction. She sent me quite a few good ones and her gingerbread recipe. I will be trying it for the first time this year. I am sure it will work better than the recipe I've used in years past. After all, while I'm aiming for the Low Country house, she's making the Sydney Opera House. Her name's not Craftier for nothin'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Sydney Opera House, huh? Wow! You ladies are much more ambitious than I. Good luck with your Low Country House.

Enjoy the washer & dryer.
-FringeGirl

How many have Peeped here?