Sunday, January 4, 2009

Card making Recap

I was invited to a card-making craft group by my neighbor about a year ago. The ladies meet one Saturday out of every month and see the latest tips, tricks and products for stamping and card making. Each person makes about 6 cards and shares them - they are called swap cards.

My swap cards are not incredibly inspired. I'm still an amateur compared with the ladies in this group. I love to see the newest techniques and products available. I have discovered that I am a paper junkie. I don't buy lots of stamps, but I L.O.V.E. fain-cy paper. The demonstator bought the new paper that will be available for order next month.

Here is the card I made using the new stuff:



Isn't it delightfully Lilly-ish? I might buy 3 packs of this stuff. I might even make my own personal stationary from it. I didn't buy the stamp, but I like the idea - "live with passion". What does that mean? For me, it means I am passionate about this paper.

2 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Hi Hat Chick!

I love that card and that paper. I wish there were cute things in Portugal like that. I just wish I could get cute stationery...like at a pretend wal-mart I guess...with maybe a yummy Applebee's in the parking lot where I could eat a riblet basket....who am I kidding...NEVER in Portugal!! Made a card for me!

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with this card. I love it! I think you're pretty good for an amateur.
-FringeGirl

How many have Peeped here?