Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! Welcome 2009!

Another year has passed and here we are on the first day of 2009.

I won't bore you with my list of resolutions or ask you to recount your own. After last night's New Years Eve party at the Canadians on the Corner, I don't think I can tackle something that serious. (Don't worry. I didn't drink too much, but I did drink wine and it gives me a headache.)

No, New Years Day isn't about writing your list of things you resolve to do or not do, or making three, five, and ten-year goals (like Big Daddy does). New Years Day is all about football and food.

We have lots of traditions around here - including the food on New Years Day. We eat black-eyed peas for health and cabbage for wealth.

But I don't like cabbage. I worry that my dislike of cabbage will drive us to financial ruin each year. Big Daddy has to eat enough of it for all of us.

I like coleslaw. But I am never sure if that really counts. Could we have more wealth if I didn't shred the cabbage and dilute it with sauce and spices? Or does it help? Like I'm investing in the cabbage. Maybe I've helped us all these years and didn't now it. (Now somebody needs to send a BIG BOX of CABBAGE to those folks up on Wall Street.)

So what do you like - cabbage or coleslaw?

I also love football. I will spend my entire day watching college football. Since you are sitting on the edge of your seat and just dying to know, here are the games I intend to watch today and throughout the bowl season (and for those who don't know me, I am loyal to the SEC. If you don't know what that means, then you probably don't care about this post anyway. That's okay. I still love you.):

Capital One Bowl, Orlando, FL
Georgia vs. Michigan State
ABC, 1 p.m. - GO DAWGS!

AT&T Cotton Bowl, Dallas, TX
Texas Tech vs. Ole Miss
FOX, 2 p.m. - GO REBELS!

Allstate Sugar Bowl, New Orleans, LA
Utah vs. Alabama
FOX, 8 p.m. - ROLL TIDE!

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, Glendale, AZ
Texas vs. Ohio State
FOX, 8 p.m. - I have to root for Texas because I CANNOT route for Ohio State (sorry Buckeye fans)

And the GRAND FINALE on Jan 8 is
FedEx BCS National Championship, Miami, FL
Oklahoma vs. Florida
FOX, 8 p.m. - GO GATORS, GO TEBOW, GO GATORS!

Now you go have yourself a little black-eyed peas and cabbage, or coleslaw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize cabbage gave wealth. I thought it just gave gas. I'll have to go eat some!
-FringeGirl

How many have Peeped here?