My plan was for this room to be "my" room. No peeps. No Big Daddy. Completely off limits to the outside world. I considered putting a keyed lock on the door. But that would have required me to keep up with another key, and eventually I would have locked myself out and the peeps would have laughed at me.
Skibbie is a true artist, so for me to actually ban her from any space designated for creation and crafts was beyond her limits of understanding. She kept mumbling something about fairness and who had real talent. Then she did the unthinkable.
She won an art contest! She won a $100 gift certificate to an art supply store. So what did she buy with her $100 certificate? A big honkin' art table and chair and lamp! When we dragged home the spoils of her creativity, she puppy-eyed me into letting her move into my craft room.
I told you all of this so you would understand that while I am neat and have a little too much OCD to actually be classified as creative, Skibbie is full-on chaos creative. So to have a clean craft room is an oxymoron, at best. However, Skibbie is a first-born child and is a parent pleaser, so she rallied to help me. She even cleaned her art table.
Here is my table and the tiny, tiny window in all it's aqua blue glory. I use all those extra chairs as a place to put things. No one sits in them. Only Skibbie and I are allowed in there. The big box in the corner is something I'm waiting for my parents to pick up. I store things for them occasionally, like when a hurricane comes.
Here is Skibbie's art table, and her bookshelf that she stores her things on. Skibbie likes ceramics and clay. She also likes to sew, but that has become a side-craft for her.
On to the main event - the obscenely large closet. It has two double-doors and is very deep. These photographs really don't do it justice, but you can see that it has mucho potential for being out of control. I sorted all my stamps. I have two seperate bins for the wrapping paper. Ribbons and trims are sorted and labeled. The junk in the ziploc bags on the top shelf is petrified playdough that the peeps won't let me throw away.
This is the other side of the closet. I hang my garland and wreaths (they are further down on the right....you just can't see them. The other hanging stuff is the assortment of sewing projects that I need to finish. What's behind the double doors, you ask? Photos sorted and organized by year. Okay, I should have taken a photo of that, but I didn't. But it is organized, I promise. I wouldn't lie about that. The rest of the stuff on the shelves is sewing, painting and upholstery stuff. All the boxes in the top of the closet are recycled gift boxes. I only keep the really good ones. The bags on the floor are sorted into holiday gift bags, shopping bags, and other occasion gift bags.
Now that you have seen my craft room and closet, you can volunteer to come over and help me repaint at any time, 'cause old St. Nick over there ain't much help.
3 comments:
I love it when people transforms their closets. Always a surprise to me! Nice job!
Wow! I love this room. It's wonderful that you ladies have a creative space of your own. I can't wait to see the amazing things you make. You've done a lovely job on the art space.
-FringeGirl
I love your craft room, even the aqua color! How great that your daughter won the art contest and now she has her very own awesome creativity space.
That closet is so organized!
Post a Comment