Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Party over Here, Party over There - oh wait, no! It's here again.

One of my very good friends gave birth to the cutest twin boys back in December. They are just as cute as their two older brothers, who are 5 and 4. (Yes, you read that right....this woman is raising 4 boys under the age of 6.)

So, I'm having a sip-n-see for her tomorrow. She will bring her precious babies and we other mothers, whose little ones are grown up enough to be in school, will hold those babies and smell their heads and cuddle them and snuggle them and remember when our babies were warm, fuzzy, and didn't talk back.

I'm basically serving the same menu as the brunch on Saturday. The silver is already polished, the table is set up. I mixed double punch so I just have to pour it in the bowl - 3 orange slices this time. Same little appetizers and desserts. I will have to adjust the quantity of food because I think there will only be 8 of us, where I had 14 on Saturday.

One thing I forgot to tell you about from the bridal brunch - the element in my oven (the top one of my double oven) burned up during the brunch. One of the guests came in and asked if she should get the fire extinguisher, then inquired if I had a home warranty to cover the needed repair. I sure do. Oh wait! It expired in December. Of course! Right!?!

Hope the bottom oven doesn't give out on me during this brunch. That's not the kind of twins I want to see.

2 comments:

Missy said...

It sounds like you had a fun and interesting party with your oven element burning out. Wow! I love your subtitle for your blog. So fun!

Thanks for commenting on my blog. My son loves cub scouts and the pinewood derby. I look forward to visiting again.

Anonymous said...

I guess the bright side is that you've got 2 ovens. Actually, I'm not sure if that's a bright side or not. A broken oven is a terribly good excuse not to cook.

Have fun at your Sip 'n See.

-FringeGirl

How many have Peeped here?