UUGGHH! Humble pie does not taste good. It makes your tummy bloated and gives you gas. It is bitter and makes your face feel flush. Sometimes humble pie even makes you nauseous.
Why am I eating humble pie? Because I am a SEC-football-lovin chick. I just knew that all SEC teams would sweep right past all those other inferior conference teams - the other conferences whose players don't have to play in 100 degree heat, the ones where players aren't from hometowns where football is the second religion (loathed is the preacher who preaches past noon on Sunday), the conferences whose majority of supporters aren't dirt-road alumni (people who would lay down their lives to defend the alma mater they never attended).
The SEC Bowl record is 5-2 by my count, with one game left to play -the BCS Championship Game - Florida vs Oklahoma on June 8.
I will now make you suffer through my own color commentary and game recap (I understand if you click away at this point. Just remember, I was raised in a household full of girls. I get this love of football from my mother. This is one of the many reasons I love her.)
AT&T Cotton Bowl - Ole Miss 47, Texas Tech 34 - Mississippi teams are always #1 in my heart. Ole Miss first, Southern Miss second (not an SEC team, but the team in my hometown), and Mississippi State third who is only on this list because so many of my high school friends went there. GO OLE MISS! Coloniel Reb returns to glory.
Liberty Bowl - Kentucky 25, East Carolina 19 - I love the Liberty Bowl because it was the first bowl game I ever attended as a child.
Sugar Bowl - Utah 31, Alabama 17 - big scoop of HUMBLE PIE. I thought the Crimson Tide would just roll over Utah then reach back and give them a hand off the turf of the Superdome. Was I wrong! As I heard the commentator say, "Alabama came to play the National Championship, Utah came to play the Sugar Bowl." Very sad. Congrats to the Utes (whatever a Ute is).
Outback Bowl - Iowa 31, South Carolina 10 - *head hanging low* Spurrier, Spurrier, what happened? Please recapture your former Florida-esque glory.
Capital One Bowl - Georgia 24, Michigan State 12 - Ugga! Ugga! Go DAWGS!
Music City Bowl - Vanderbilt 16, Boston College 14 - Didn't see the game but I'm so glad to see the Commodores back in the fray. Go 'Dores (that's for you Nancy!)
Chick-fil-A Bowl - LSU 38, Georgia Tech 3 - Why did Georgia Tech show up? That was a painful game to watch. LSU rolled over Tech like I wanted Bama to roll over Utah.
More bowl games to go, but I have my stamping/card-making group coming over tonight, so I must turn my attention to finishing my swap cards. I might make a SEC sympathy card. I don't think Hallmark makes those.
1 comment:
Hotty Toddy! Wasn't that a great game. Angie
Post a Comment