Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bridal Brunch menu

I need help people. I'm hosting a bridal brunch on Saturday. The brunch is for a truly classy lady in our church who has already buried two husbands, and bless her heart, has found love for a third time.

You all know that I don't cook very well and I'm terrible at menu planning, so I need help putting together this brunch. I found these 2 great products at Sam's that are just yummy, so I'm serving



AND THESE

I'm making my infamous lard casserole and I think I'll have a big bowl of fruit. I also found a good garlic and herb grits recipe. What else should I serve? Seems like something green or more lunchy is in order. Pasta salad? Crudette?

For dessert, I'm making the lemon squares from Chocolate and Whine. What else? Seriously need something chocolatey. Brownies maybe? A bundt cake? I can bake, so bring it on with these suggestions. My only limiting factors are time and my lack of ability to use marzipan.

For drinks, I'll serve coffee, sweet iced mint tea, water and punch. Should I make a pitcher of Mimosas as well? (We go to an Anglican church, so alcohol is acceptable.)

This is the punch recipe (It's from my friend Angie. If I remember correctly, she said she got it from The Pioneer Woman.)

1 tub of crystal light Lemonade flavor drink mix
1 qt 4 cups of orange juice
1 qt 4 cups of cold water
1 bottle (1 liter) of ginger ale chilled Sliced oranges and strawberries for looks
I would double or triple this recipe.


I'm going grocery shopping on Friday morning, so I'm counting on all you foodies to help me out.

Please. Beg. Please.

3 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

What about homemade peanut butter bars? I could share the recipe. It's super easy and my kids love them! I made them once for my dentist. She placed an order with me for 250 bars for her wedding!!

I make them here in Portugal and the Brazilians go crazy over them. Something about them being similar to a dessert they used to eat in Brazil and they miss them.

Just let me know.---seriously, they're very easy, no cooking involved.

Anonymous said...

You could make a fancy green salad with strawberries and nuts (like walnuts or almonds), but that may not be so easy this time of the year.

I have a good pound cake recipe or even a chocolate pound cake and you could do fresh fruit on top.

I've had a lot of little cucumber sandwiches on the tiny bread slices...a possibility...

Ok, I think I'm outta ideas. If you need recipes, let me know.
-FringeGirl

Unknown said...

How about chocolate covered strawberries. So easy and they're always a hit. Everything else sounds delicious. I love those quiches.

BTW, I'm adding you to my blogroll under other Southern bloggers.

How many have Peeped here?