Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Some of my favorite photos

When I posted my favorite photo from Christmas over on the side bar, I started thinking about my all-time favorite photos. Or at least, my favorite photos that I actually used my own camera to take. (We have some professional photos that were taken when Action was still an infant. Haven't had professional photos taken since then. Great! Another thing to put on the never-ending to-do list.)

Before the age of the *ahem* affordable digital camera, I had a nice SLR camera. I didn't really know how to use it - at least not to its full potential. I thought that if I took one roll of black-and-white film (remember film?) each year, that I was taking a step toward professional-looking photos. Black-n-white is so artsy. So retro. This is what my camera was really made to do.

We took a Memorial Day vacation to Destin, FL. Destin has the most perfect sugar sand beaches and it is, by far, my favorite beach. I've been to Hawaii. I've walked the beaches in California. I have been to the Atlantic beaches of Jacksonville, Daytona and St. Augustine. I've gotten sunburned on the sand of Orange Beach, AL more times than I can count (that's the Redneck Riviera, in case you didn't know). I've been to the "beach" in Galveston - yeah, brown sand doesn't count. Nothing beats the beaches of Destin. (Okay, maybe the Bahamas. I've been there too and they were pretty darned good. But I don't need to get on a ship or in a plane to get to Destin.)

So why not use this vacation to take black-and-white photos, I thought. The sand will be extra white. Too bad I forgot that I would also miss the green water. Any-who.....the photos turned out like this.......


Totally frame-worthy. This is Action. Don't you just love that Alphalfa hair?



This is my sweet Skibbie. I almost sent this photo to Ralph Lauren. I thought it was worthy of publication. But that darn date was on the photo, and I'm not the most objective party when it comes to my peeps. I think Ralph would have sold a lot of those little t's though.



These are only two of my favorite photos. I may post a few more in the next few days. And, yes, these photos are framed and hanging in the hall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great photos! I lived in Pensacola, Fl for a few years and I LOVE the beaches...it's not far from Destin. I HATE going to the beach in Long Island. Nobody understands that, but I've been spoiled - big time. Nothing like white sugar sand and rural beaches.
-FringeGirl

Unknown said...

Great pics. Your son looks a little like the boy from the Sixth Sense ... can't remember his name ... is it Haley Joel Osment ... something like that.

How many have Peeped here?